Friday, December 17, 2010

Wednesday workout follow up

I set out as planned Wednesday for about 1200 yds of sprints in the pool and holy cow were/are my arms tired! I'm going to try and get these sprint sets in 2-3 times per week so I can build up my speed because although the first couple sets I did were right on pace, toward the end I was dead. There was an older woman in the lane next to me who I felt like I was racing against a couple times (and I didn't always come out the winner). And I don't even want to think about how badly Thomas was beating me. He was swimming butterfly and beating me consistently by 10+ seconds on the 100's. Given, he was a division 1 collegiate swimmer, but still - it's a shot to the ego.

I'll hop back in the pool today with a lot of focus on drills and form. I'll probably do a couple sprints too. Tomorrow is round 2 of my timed 500's. Hopefully I'll see an improvement already!

Also, for anyone not aware - IM WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2010 is on tv this weekend!!!

NBC from 4-6pm. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

Hopefully I'll get there some day....

No comments:

Post a Comment