Saturday, December 18, 2010

Getting faster

Week 2 of the timed 500 I clocked an 8:17. An improvement of 11 seconds from week 1 and knocking off a tad more than 2 seconds per 100yds. Definitely a good thing, although still lots of work to be done. I didn't think I would see any improvement this week because I woke up still sore this morning from Wednesday's workout. I also wasn't able to swim Thursday or Friday due to a Christmas party and then some car troubles yesterday. I think the sprints I've been doing are helping. I did 6 sets of 50's in around 40 seconds each after my 500 in the main set.

Only about 2000 yds this morning... I should have gone a little longer. And only 1 run this week. I should have done more. Next week will be big! I'm off work for Christmas break and want to get 6 swims, 2-3 runs and 2-3 spins on the bike trainer. There's work to be done! But not until after watching the IM World Championships today and partying in Hoboken tonight.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog....and it looks like we have a couple things in common: I started Triathlon in 2010 and signed up for Lake Placid in 11' !!

    Good luck, looking forward to following your progress and success!!!

    Go Vikes on Tuesday night:)
    not that we have much of a chance this year...

    Derek

    ReplyDelete