Saturday, December 4, 2010

Swimming along

I had a great Saturday morning swim today! I put in a solid hour and 2700 yds. Days like today have me hopeful that my swimming will get to where I want it to be. I took a couple extra minutes before heading over and wrote up a workout for me to follow. Here it is:

Warm up: 500 free
Drills: 2x (100 drag drill, 100 free), 2x (100 side kick, 100 free)
200 kick
Main set: 100, 200, 300, 200, 100, 50 (sprint) - all on 10-15 seconds of rest
Cool down: 50 back, 50 free, 50 back, 50 free

I also had some company this morning. The swimming phenom, Thomas, joined me and gave me some great tips while we hammered the workout. He also let me borrow "The Swimming Drill Book" which should be helpful for making future workouts.

My shoulders will be sore tomorrow, but it was well worth it! Maddy, Matt and I are heading to an ugly sweater party tonight in Manayunk which should be a great time. I'll probably go for a medium distance run tomorrow (or maybe a spin on the trainer) and then get back in the pool Monday.

I've only run twice and ridden once in the past 7 days. I feel like I'm cheating my legs, but I'll have to get used to it if I'm going to focus on my swimming.

Last thing- if you want to check out my workouts, the 'Training Peaks' link on the right should be working now. And the link for 'Race Results' will show all the races that I've completed with my finishing times.

No comments:

Post a Comment