Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2x Tuesday makes me tired...

I got home earlier enough yesterday to get in 2 workouts, a run and then a swim. The run went alright, despite being 27 degrees and windy, but man, was I tired during and after the swim. Part of it is that I haven't been getting as much sleep as I need to the past few days. Part of it is that I haven't been running much and did 5.5 miles at a 7:10 pace. And another part of it is that getting in 2 workouts a day is tough. I am off from school all next week so I'm going to try and have a very big training week of 2 workouts everyday. I need to prepare myself for the start of my IM training schedule during which I will have at least 2 double sessions per week.

Anyway, I'm heading to the pool for some sprints tonight. For my main set I think I'm going to do 5x50 on 45" then 5x100 on 1:35 and then 5x50 on 45". Even though that is crawling for some - it's not a bad pace for me. Hopefully I'll finish my 50's on around 36-38sec so I'll have 7-8sec of rest. And my 100's I'll finish around 1:25 for 10sec rest. The last thing before my cool down will be 2x100 as fast as possible. Depending how tired I am, I hope to go about 1:20.

Long day today....

No comments:

Post a Comment