I had a great Tuesday this week. I did a 1 hour swim this morning with a lot of speed sets. I had a nice healthy and home made lunch with Maddy. I rode outside for about 20 minutes and then on the trainer for 45. Then I went out tonight for a nice easy run and stair workout. I feel great! And just to cap the night off I'm enjoying some wine and a pasta dinner with Mad and our other roommate, Matt.
Life would be wonderfully easy if I didn't have to work everyday. It would probably be less rewarding, and of course I wouldn't have any money to do anything, but I would have SO much time to train! Amongst other things, I hope that the months of intense training that lay ahead teach me time management, the value of planning and that many things can be accomplished each day. I think that too often I end up being 'lazy' and as such inefficient. Sure, sometimes everyone needs to relax and be 'lazy', but I when I hear about the amazing stories of people who have become ironmen I feel almost ashamed at how much I play that card. I'll head off this subject for now though - after all, I had a pretty good day.
Tomorrow should be good too. I'm starting it off with a 10 mile morning run and I'll make sure to either swim or ride the bike tomorrow before the day is up. My shoulders are a little sore right now so I might try and give them a rest. Either way I'm on pace for my weekly goal. And I'm making progress in the pool. That's all I can blog about tonight. I'll check back in a day or two. Hopefully the workouts keep up in quality and intensity.
For those interested in other triathlon blogs - I found a site called 201Ironman. It's for those who want to blog and are competing in an ironman in 2011. I wrote in to them a couple days ago so that I can join their list of bloggers, but haven't heard back yet (inevitably due to the holidays). I'll post when I'm officially a member!
No comments:
Post a Comment