Friday, October 22, 2010

Tough getting to 60 miles...

As I said earlier this week, it's been a busy one. With the 11 mile tempo run Monday, an XC workout Tuesday and a double session Wednesday I was pretty dead yesterday. After my evening run on Wednesday (11 miles at just under 8min/mile) I was in pain. My legs ached from my quads and hammies down through my calves, achilles and feet. I decided to take yesterday off to let my legs recover a bit. I probably could have stretched and/or done some core work, but I just relaxed with Mad and watched the Phillies. I can't wait to get back to that lifestyle...but that's a different post for a different day. Anyway, I got up at 5am this morning to get in a morning run since Mad and I are headed up to the Poconos right after school today and I won't have time for a run this afternoon. I got in about 7 miles which puts me at 40 for the week. If I were staying in town this weekend I could pretty easily get to 60 miles, but since I'll be away it will be tough. I'm playing Saturday and Sunday by ear. Not sure how much time I'll have either day to run. Technically if I get about 10 in Saturday and another 10 Sunday I will have reached my 60 miles in 7 days. But I like to start my week on Sunday with an off day. So we'll see. Next week I'm really going to try to push through the no matter how tired I get and not take my off day until Friday. Then I'll try for around marathon distance next Saturday. Enough looking forward though. I'm excited to spend the weekend in the Poconos and living in the moment.

Things to come in future posts...1. Stresses of training 2. Desire to go back to normal life 3. Sports hernia and the possibility of surgery in the off season 4. Periodization of training during the off season 5. Season vision 2011. (not necessarily in that order)

No comments:

Post a Comment