I fell quite a bit short of my goal last week of hitting 60 miles. I ended the week with just 45 miles and 1.5 hours of weights. Mad and I went up to the Poconos for the weekend which I'll partially blame for my laziness. Instead of going on a long run on Saturday as I had planned, I only went for about 4.5 miles. I am starting to get a cold in my chest and throat plus the lake where we stayed was beautiful so I my desire to spend 2+ hours running and then recovering was pretty low. Oh well. It is what it is. I'm still going to try and hit 65 miles this week and put in a solid 25 miles on Saturday.
In some cooler news, my coworker sent me a link to a pretty cool website that actually predicts how well you could do in a marathon based on your physiological make up! You do need to know your resting heart rate, but even if you don't you can put in different numbers and see what pops out. Check out the calculator here (Thanks Penny!). Since I have taken my resting heart rate before and know it to be about 51bpm I plugged in my info and my 'aggressive best marathon' is about a 2:20! Makes me feel like a chump for only shooting for a sub 3 hour goal... There are obviously a number of factors that don't get taken in to this calculator, but it's still fun to look at. It also says that my 'conservative best marathon' is a 3:23 so at least I'm pushing myself more than just being 'conservative'. The story behind the calculator and the scientific paper that was published can be found here (Avoid the bonk). I wonder if someone will ever be able to calculate something like this for an event like the ironman??
I'll quit there today. Although I'm feeling a busy week on the blog. My head has been buzzing about those topics I listed before. And good luck to Tatnall XC today in their conference championship meet!!
No comments:
Post a Comment