This weekend was pretty awesome. I got some sleep on Friday night and had a really good run Saturday. I put down 17.3 miles in 2:15 (about a 7.45 pace) and I felt really good. I was worried that my sore lower abdomen might act up, but aside from a little discomfort it didn't really inhibit me at all. My original thought that it is a sports hernia might not be accurate, but frankly I don't know what else it could be... I focused a lot on form as I ran and it helped me keep up a decent pace. No heart rate monitor bc the battery died late last week, but I'm pretty sure I was in the mid 150's (nice and low) for the majority of the run. The outside top of my left foot has been a little sore since the Syracuse 70.3 and I'm thinking it is bc I'm starting to develop a mid foot strike, rather than being out front on the balls of my feet. I hope that running some more in the vibrams will get me back in good form.
After the run Saturday morning Mad and I headed up to Jersey City to hang out with some friends. It was a great time and despite being up entirely too late that night, I didn't feel too bad on Sunday. I had planned to spend a little time stretching or on the bike, which didn't happen, so I need to be more diligent sticking to my workout plan.
Last week I was able to get in 41 miles running and about 2 hours moving the weights. Hopefully I'll put down a few more miles this week and be able to keep up the time in the gym. I do have a busy week with 2 Phillies games and parents night at school, but we'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment