I've taken some time off, gotten married, finished a masters degree, and I moved to take a new job. Life is moving in the right direction and the time is right to return to IM training/racing. Lake Placid 2014 here I come.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
A quiet morning
Well it's still before 6am on this Sunday morning. I'm about to hit the roads for an hour bike followed by a 2 hour run. It's important for me to start really building up my run mileage as I haven't gone more than 15ish miles yet this spring. I have a feeling the IM marathon is going to be more about guts than real training, BUT I should still be trained for it. I figured if I put in 2 hours today, bump it up to 2.5 next weekend, another 2.5 the weekend after that, and then a 3 hour run on 6/26 I should be OK. Then I'll do another 2.5 on 7/3 and start my taper. The hardest part (and I know I should have already known this) is that running the day after spending 5+ hours on the bike! My legs don't want to run... I don't want to run... It's time to run though. So I'm going to run. After a short bike ride that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment