Monday, June 6, 2011

Nice Sunday

A great weekend. Despite yesterday's early rise and lack of enthusiasm at 6am, I was able to get out on the bike for an hour and spin out the legs, then after a quick change I went out for a 2:05 run. And it felt good the entire time. I was going at a nice easy pace for most of the run, but I did throw in a 2x1mile around 1:30. All went well. I even got to see the start of the Manayunk Bike Race (aka the Philadelphia International Cycling Championship). It was really cool to see all the pros up close, and, of course, their awesome bikes. The winner finished the 156mile race in just under 6 hours...That's 26mph. Whoa.

The best part of yesterday wasn't my training, however. By 10:15am Mad, my other roommate Matt, and I were headed to the beach! By 11:30 we had stopped at Wawa and found a nice plot on the beach to sit and relax for the afternoon.


It was a little overcast when we got there, so not a ton of people were on the beach. We laid out, ate, tossed around the football...

And capped things off by a stroll on the boardwalk.


And just to make sure this weekend couldn't have been better, we stopped at my parents' house for a nice (free!) home-cooked meal.

I just need to get through this week, and school is out. Final exams are all week. Grades due Friday, and comments due Monday. Then I'm FREE! (until my summer job starts...)

Taking a rest day today. Back at it tomorrow. I should be over 20 hours training this week (and every week from here until my taper). BRING IT ON!

1 comment:

  1. Great weekend and week ahead! Dont worry even when school gets out and your FREE you will probably still be super busy under the gun!

    thanks for your comment yesterday bro!
    its actually you and this blog that has helped me quite a bit during this 24week IM training plan - Im pushing it a bit harder and being more aggressive with training and goals. Ilove your approach - and some of it has rubbed off on me:)

    keep it up - this is it....now and the next 4 weeks are soooooo importante' !

    D

    ReplyDelete