WU: 4x200 (2 sets w/fins)
20x50 - 4x(2 kick, 2 drill, 1 swim)
MS: 2x250 pull (1 with paddles, 1 with pull buoy)
2x250 swim (1 hard, 1 easy)
2x250 pull (1 with paddles, 1 with pull buoy)
2x250 swim (1 hard, 1 easy)
CD: 100 easy
6x50 (focus on a perfect stroke)
Total: 4200yds
The only thing I can say is - it's about freaking time! This is the longest I have every swam (swum?). It wasn't fast - I did my hard 250's on 3:55 (1:35ish/100yd pace). No idea what my slow pace was, and it doesn't matter. The focus was more on volume today. I'll work on some speedier sets Thursday. Now the trick will be to keep it up. I have some more time now, so I can't use that excuse anymore. It took me 1.5 hours instead of the usual 1 hour to get it done, so I'll just have to get used to it. The goal in the pool is going to be 15,000yds per week from here on out with one swim of 5,000yds per week. It's time to start getting it done. I'm excited. I feel good. No excuses.
What a great day it's turning out to be... A rest day yesterday. Up early with some coffee and cereal (w/ chia seeds). In the pool by 6:30. Great set. Out by 8:00. Recovery shake, more coffee, and eggs with some shrooms and tomatoes. Showered and down to work by 10 (it's exam week and I didn't have to give an exam this morning). Grades are going to be done today before I leave. I'll have a nice hearty salad for lunch. And then a 1:30 run this evening. And, providing I can get Mad on board with it, I think it's a perfect Tuesday for some tacos...
Carpe diem, amigos.
bro the bike course was flat in that Oly...Im sure you woulda rocked it harder:)
ReplyDeletenice swim
good eating
love the chia seeds addition
It's time to start getting it done is RIGHT! right now is our time - be on it!!!
D