Holy shit. But, I've prepared a lot these past 2 weeks. From Monday the 13th through Sunday the 26th I spent over 51 hours on the swim, bike, and run. That's more than I did in February, March, and April individually. I'm happy with how things went. And I can finally see some of my fitness really paying off.
Some interesting data from my last long ride this past Saturday (130 miles). My average HR was 139. That's VERY low for me. I usually can't keep my HR below 145 when I do anything. And the course I rode on was quite hilly. If things couldn't get better, I felt fine after 112 miles, and my time when I passed the 112 mark was 5:50. Last week I did the same in 5:48, again with little effort. If I could theoretically ride the IMLP course with my HR in the 140's and be closer, or below 5:40 I would be ecstatic! But I'm not going to say I'm gunning for just yet. I want to play around over the next couple weeks with "race pace" and HR zones before I decide what I'm really going to shoot for in the bike split. I also got a pretty nasty sunburn while out for 7+ hours on my ride and t-run Saturday...
I'm heading to the beach this weekend so hopefully I can get the lines to fade a little... Not that I don't love having my back look like I wear a woman's bathing suit, but...
Anyway, it's been impossible to get on here and post lately. I've been uber busy. I even have to run out the door now (and I started this post yesterday!). Hopefully this weekend I can get something of value in.
This week is a much needed rest week. Even the weekend seems wide open because instead of a 6+hour workout Saturday and 4+ Sunday, I will probably do 4ish hours Saturday and 2-3 Sunday. Happy training!

nice job on the training!!! Ive also been struggling to get on blogger but I saw this post this morning and it totally helped me get thru my long brick today!
ReplyDeleteD