They're back. I hate tired legs. And I haven't had tired legs for over a month now. But yesterday's baby brick workout made them come back. I rode on the trainer for 45 minutes (although I did get in a couple good high resistance reps and 2x 1minute with one leg) and then went out and ran in my vibrams for 45 minutes. A good workout for the first week in January, but god I hate tired legs. It's something I'll have to get used to over the next few months. Honestly I can't think of too many days between April and November when my legs weren't tired so it will just be getting used to that again. It does start to feel good when even though my legs are tired, I know I am in great shape.
The swimming is coming back around. After that 8 day hiatus after Christmas I started to feel awkward in the water, but 3 swims already this week and a nice long workout planned for tonight should help me out. The biggest problem I have been having deals with body rotation. I don't rotate enough and therefore my pull is a little weak hence making me slow. I also over reach a little bit and end up crossing my centerline which causes me to zig zag through the water instead of cruising through in a straight line. I've been swimming with Thomas, who is an awesome swimmer himself (2.4mile open water in consistently sub 45 min with relative ease) and he's a collegiate assistant coach, so he should be able to help me out with these things. The best part is that he isn't my 'coach' - he's just a buddy that's helping me out. I don't think he reads this, but if he does - thanks.
Onward!
"went out and ran in my vibrams"....ummm you didnt move did you? you live in Philly? isnt there snow on the ground!! Im going to get some vibrams and start with a few slow treadmill runs toward the end of the month...
ReplyDeleteYou will dial in your swimming fer sure with Thomas!!
Derek