Monday, January 17, 2011

"I'm a real grown up. I swear."

Ok I stole that quote from my buddy at dinner last night. A bunch of us went out to a nice restaurant and he spilled the oil for the bread all over the table within 1 minute of arriving. Then he had to eat his dinner with a place mat beneath him. I'm writing this because I bruised my right hip on Friday and it's actually hurting me. How? Sliding down a banister in my apartment, of course. It looked fun and I thought I could hop off before hitting the knob at the bottom... I couldn't (or at least I didn't). I laughed it off Saturday night, Sunday it was a little sore, but I didn't workout (sigh) so I didn't really notice it, and today when I went for an hour run it started to bother me. I don't think there is any real damage done, but it is bruised and tender and was very annoying when I ran today. I'm an idiot.

The good news is that I ran for a little over an hour today. I'll head to the pool in a little while for a swim, so I'm starting off the week well. Weekly goals- a) 10 hours b) 2 am workouts c) 2 weight room sessions.

I'll let you know how it works out!

(future post coming... diets, dietary habits, when I'll get on the bandwagon)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need more training - it's all in the hips, u just gotta hop in time.

    Keep practicing. You will master the banister.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually funny that you point that out... My biggest problem in the water is that I don't rotate enough at the hips. I was hoping there were some drills in the pool I could try, but maybe training on the banister will teach me to drive from the hips. Or it will put me out of training if I can't get it right....

    Sometimes it's the carrot, but other times you need to use the stick...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Let's revisit our stuntman dream after July 24th ;)

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally - have a lot of growing up to do!!
    haha
    have a great week

    Derek

    ReplyDelete