Friday, January 21, 2011

A good week so far...

I've had a pretty good week so far. I'm achieving the small goals I set out for myself. 2 strength sessions (check), 2 am sessions (check), 10 hours training (on pace, but I'll need 3.5 hours this weekend). I was helped out this week by having off on Monday and then having an hour delay today (without which I would not have gotten my second am workout in). The weather has been annoying, but I'm getting through it. I've even been running in the vibrams despite the slush and snow. My toes usually get a little cold, but if it's a short run, it's not too bad and if it's a long run my feet usually go numb, then burn and then they are warm...


God I wish these "shoes" weren't so unattractive... They really do wonders for my running, but they are just ugly as sin to look at.

Riding on the trainer has been getting better. I watch a lot of hulu - which has the 2008 IM World Championships! I also think I am getting the 2010 Kona dvd for my bday in a few weeks which will be awesome. Watching the bike leg of the race really gets me in the zone. Although, I'll admit I don't really care for the sob stories... I think I'll put up a few pics of my bike some time this weekend. I love my bike.  And I love riding it. After a late season bike fitting and discovering the ism adamo saddle I found myself extremely comfortable and really enjoying long rides. I can't wait for the nice weather to come back so I can hit the roads again. I'll also be interested to see what kind of improvements I can make this season. I didn't get my bike until May 1 last year and after only 10 weeks of riding I was able to hold just below 20mph on a HIM. Then 8 weeks after that I was up to 21.5mph for a HIM. I hope by training indoors all winter and hitting the roads early I'll be able to really rip on the bike. After all, that is where the long distance races are really won and lost.

Ok - enough for now. My class is finishing up a test right now - lots of grading to do again this weekend...


One more thing - I've been eyeing up some jerseys and bib shorts. I'm between a Pearl Izumi set, a Livestrong set and a cool Cervélo set. I wear Izumi shoes at least and I support Livestrong...but can I get a Cervélo jersey without having a Cervélo??

1 comment:

  1. the weather is fer sure annoying!
    and I still cannot freakin believe ur runnin in those during winter conditions

    I want to pull the trigger on a pair of vibrams but now my line-up of needs and wants is adding up: wetsuit is at the top

    D

    ReplyDelete