Friday, January 14, 2011

Just checking in.

I haven't been feeling that great this week. I've been extremely congested and overall just feeling lousy. I had a good swim early this week and a decent swim last night. I know I'm not going to be able to work out this afternoon so I managed to get up at 5am this morning and spin on the bike for about an hour. Since I took off Tuesday and Wednesday my weekly hours are pretty low right now. I have a nice long weekend with not much planned (except a TON of quizzes to grade) so I should be able to get in quite a few workouts. I'm planning on swimming and running tomorrow, then swimming and biking Sunday (or maybe the other way around). If I'm feeling better I might do a triple session one of the days.

Missing those 2 days in the middle of the week really upsets me. I'm not off to a good start at achieving my goals for the year. I knew Tuesday evening was going to be tough because Mad and I had tickets to see Les Mis so I should have gotten up early and done something. It's hard to get out of bed at 5am or earlier and workout, but I knew that before I signed up for this.

The other thing I want to start doing next week is getting some sessions in the weight room. I need to use these next few weeks to build some more strength while my workouts aren't too long. I'll try for 2-3 gym sessions next week along with a full week of the swim/bike/run.

Lots to do!

2 comments:

  1. no worries plenty of time - get that rest!
    definitely better now than July

    Flyers are on fire!

    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont be too hard on yourself, it's still early!
    See you at IMLP!!

    ReplyDelete