After a good week I hit the trails this morning with a buddy (and possible future coach), David. The plan was originally to try and hold about a 7min/mile pace so I can replicate the tempo I'll be running next Sunday in the marathon. But we ended up putting down 11 miles in about 1:11 (~6.30min/mile). The trail is awesome and I'll definitely be running there a LOT more now that I know where it is. Plus there are a lot of little side trails that go off into the woods that could be fun to mess around on. Anyway, a great workout, just not what I had planned. Oh well. All the work I've done over the past 2 months is in the bank. There's not much I could do now that will help or hurt what I'll do in the marathon next Sunday. I'm glad it's so close and I think I'm prepared. Here are some stats...
Over the past 7 weeks I've run 320 miles over the course of 38 hours. I've spent only 3 hours on the bike (unknown mileage bc most was on the trainer) and I've done only 6 hours of gym workouts. This is a little shy of what I had originally set out to do, but again, it's all in the bank now so whatever has been done has been done.
To look at some yearly totals - I ran 785 miles. I biked about 1700 miles (tough to tell bc a lot on trainer). And I swam about 100k yards.
There's still time left in the year so these totals will go up a little more before Jan. 1, but I'm ok with all of this. It's a hell of a lifestyle change - and for the better. Not a bad first year of training.
This week coming up will be nice and easy. Probably a couple race pace runs with one medium distance in there. Philly Marathon - here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment