A good day yesterday. I'm very content with my marathon time. The final chip time was 3:00.47. I think I put down the best time I possibly could have on that day given my training. I pushed myself just hard enough that I didn't bonk and I didn't leave anything in the tank. By the end of the race I was dead which is the way it should be - I left it all out there.
I'm pretty sore today, but not as much my legs as my feet! By mile 18/19 every step felt like someone was slapping my feet with a baseball bat. I really need to toughen up my feet next time around. Great decision going with the trainers and not the racing flats though! I can't imagine how sore my feet would be if I had gone with the flats...
I also think I underestimated the power of the marathon. I was honestly thinking it would just be another day with a tough workout. Since doing the 70.3 ironmans, 3 hours doesn't seem like that long to work out. Cut to 5 minutes after I finished when I was laying on the ground shaking haha... I was ok eventually, but I needed to get some fluids and salts (and beers) in me before I really started to get back to normal.
Some thanks are in order to those that came out and cheered for me and all the other runners. Running the Philly marathon is really enjoyable because of all the support from the spectators. It can really carry you when you start feeling down and want to stop and walk. The volunteers are all amazing. And of course I couldn't do it all without my parents and Maddy. Thank you for all your support.
Here is the breakdown of my splits. The number in parenthesis is my heart rate.
1- 6.54(168)
2- 6.57(170)
3- 7.10(167) - mile marker off too long
4- 6.20(172) - too short
5- 6.48(171)
6- 6.58(170)
7- 6.41(170)
8- 6.52(172)
9- 6.46(171)
10- 6.48(175)
11- 6.36(169)
12- 6.39(172)
13- 6.51(173)
------half------
14- 6.41(172)
15- 6.48(171)
16- 7.00(171)
17- 6.45(172)
18- 6.46(175)
19- 6.48(174)
20- 7.02(174)
21- 7.05(173)
22- 7.08(172)
23- 7.12(172)
24- 7.12(170)
25- 7.13(171)
26.2- 8.39(176)
I'll try and get back into the pool some time this week. Swim training begins!
Also, below you will see a picture of my shirt post race. The blood came from nipple chaffing...OUCH!
No comments:
Post a Comment