Yesterday was my long run. Ended up being a little shorter than it should have been - 17 miles. It was cold, I was tired, blah blah blah. I'm going to run about 10 today rather than take a day off to make sure my legs feel it. Yesterday wasn't bad, but I think that the lack of long runs over the past 3 weeks has definitely hurt me. Unfortunately I'll never know, but I think shooting for the 3:10 Boston qualifier will be a more difficult challenge than I originally thought. I'm going to try for one more long run this Wednesday and then it's taper time.
I'd like to try and go about 20-22 miles on Wednesday then an easy day Thursday, medium on Friday, Saturday maybe a long bike ride and next Sunday I'll do a test 10-13 miles at race pace. I'll wear what I plan on wearing for the race and try and simulate my race day warm up. I'm still up in the air about what to wear.... I have been very sensitive to cold this year for some reason so I've been doing all my running in quite a few layers. But for the race I am thinking of wearing a racing singlet, arm warmers, compression socks and my racing flats. We'll see how I feel running in this stuff. When I wear too many layers I sweat a lot and after about 2 hours the sweat gets very cold so I think I might be better off in less clothing. Also, I wore my racing flats yesterday just to see if I am going to be able to handle wearing them for 26 miles and what I've come up with is that I'm not sure. They give me no support and have a very low profile. They are extremely light, but every time I wear them for more than 8ish miles my feet are sore. I'm going to run in them the rest of the week and see if I can get used to them. If not, I'll be wearing my much more comfortable (and heavier) K Swiss trainers.
More to come later this week when I really have to make some decisions!
No comments:
Post a Comment