Thursday, April 28, 2011

I really enjoy Speedos

I recently purchased a speedo. Not to wear in the pool (I wear a slightly less revealing drag suit while I swim), but to wear under my thin tri shorts and bib shorts. And I have to say, it's great! I've never had so much support and comfort. The speedo keeps everything in place well without too much pressure, and the little extra padding feels great in the saddle. I haven't tested it out with anything over 2 hours yet, but I have a good feeling about this... To any dudes out there, give it a whirl and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I don't think I will be rocking just the speedo and top a la Faris Al-Sultan...


(Not yet anyway)


But maybe some time down the road if I turn into a good enough swimmer, and/or just a bad-ass triathlete... maybe. For right now I'm still a little self conscious. (Last year, right about this time actually, I emailed a friend who has done a couple IM's and asked him if everyone wears all the spandex or if that stuff is just for the pros haha. Only then, once I figured out it was kosher, I went out bought some tri gear).


In other news, there is a lot of stuff flying around my head! I can't believe there are only 86 days til IMLP! And when broken down that is only 12 weeks, which breaks down even further to only 3 training cycles (4 weeks each - 3 build, 1 rest). It begs the questions: how much can really be changed in that little time? Have I done enough up to this point? Is there enough time to focus on endurance AND speed before the race?

Honestly, the run I'm not worried about. It will be what it will be. The swim is going to be really tough to get to the time I want... I've really plateaued in the pool, and I have put swimming on the back burner the past few weeks. Although, the swim is (relatively) short, and a lot of progress can be made in the pool in a shorter amount of time I think. The bike is the biggest ?. I know I can make it. If I had to ride 112miles right now I could get there. But I'm not going to be content with that. I want to race it. AND race it while still keeping enough in the legs that I can run the marathon without much stopping.

So, lots going on here. I'm going to try and get in my first 100+ mile ride on Sunday, and bump my long run to Monday. We'll see. I am also in dire need of a tune up. After riding in some wet, muddy weather my bike sounds like a beat up POS. I'm almost embarrassed when I pass people because you can hear it squeaking from almost a mile away.

Happy Thursday.

1 comment: