Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gearing up for AC 13.1

A couple wrinkles have come up over the past few days in preparation for the first race of the season. I found myself pretty congested early in the week, and it manifested itself into a full blown face and chest infection. On the bright side I woke up this morning feeling better than I have all week, so I think the worst is behind me, and I should still be able to have a decent race tomorrow. The other wrinkle is the weather. I had been getting used to the unseasonably warm weather this spring, but it seems that race morning will be a bit chilly! The race goes off at 8am and should be over closer to 9am than 10am, so I'm looking at racing through 40-42ish degrees...






First of all, I don't like the cold at all. I typically wear long sleeves and tights on my legs until the temp gets above 50-55. Secondly, I don't think I perform as well in the cold because my muscles stay tight and I feel like the air is a bit harder to breath. I had planned on wearing some Philly Tri Club shorts and long sleeves, but I might have to throw on some tights as well... I just don't know yet.

Other than those unknowns, I'm excited. At the very least I'll get the wheels spinnin' tomorrow, it can't be too long of a day, and I think I'm going to place a couple bets after the race - after all, it is in Atlantic City!

I'll check back after the race tomorrow or Monday.
Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment