If you check out the right side of blog now, you'll see a couple new additions - sponsors!! I'd wondered for a while how one goes about getting sponsors and what a sponsor does for the athlete. Well, I found this website www.hookit.com, which pairs up sponsors with athletes of a variety of sports and skill levels. It's pretty awesome. I filled out my profile and searched for anyone that might take me. Within 2 days I've acquired 2 sponsors!!
The first is Rudy Project. Everyone reading this blog probably knows what/who they are are, but in case you don't, they are a sunglass/helmet company that makes some very high quality products. I've had my eye on Rudy Project eyewear and helmets for a while, but frankly, I couldn't afford it. It first caught my eye when I saw Andy Potts (one of my favorite athletes) rocking their products. He's a word class athlete, Ironman winner, 4 time collegiate all american, and competed on the US Olympic triathlon team... Not a bad resume. I'm sure he gets a slightly deeper discount than I do, but I'm PSYCHED to get my hands on some Rudy Project gear! Today is payday, so I'll probably place an order soon. Product reviews will follow. Based on what I've already read, I'm sure they will be stellar.
Here is what I'm thinking of ordering - the Genetyk sunglasses and the Sterling helmet. To start anyway :)
I'm equally as psyched for the second sponsor, SportMulti. On their website they sell just about every nutritional supplement an endurance athlete could need. And at great prices! From simple, everyday multivitamins to gels, bars, recovery drinks...they have it all.
Some other nice features of the website - they have a list of all the essential vitamins, what their purposes are, and what foods you can find them in. They also have a great product comparison chart, and maybe most importantly, SportMulti is made specifically for endurance athletes, who obviously have different needs than the average Joe. I'm excited to see how they improve my training.
I can't express how excited I am to be on board with these awesome companies. Orders will be placed soon, and product reviews to follow. I strongly encourage you all to check them out as well.
Spring break starts in 2 hours! No school = lots of free time to train!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment