I'm (way over) packed at ready to head north this afternoon! As soon as my 7th period class ends at 2:30 today, I'll be hitting the road. It should take about 7 hours to get up to my coworker's house, which is about 20 miles from Lake Placid. This is pending not tooo much traffic. No matter how long it takes - I'm pumped! The plan for the weekend is pretty intimidating (to me at least), but I know it will make me stronger.
Plan: Saturday- ride the bike course (112 miles). Should take me about 6 hours. I'll do a short 30-40 min t-run after and call it a day. I'll be interested to see how the ride goes bc I haven't gone this far ever before, and I didn't get that new cassette yet so I'm still riding a 54/42 on the front and a 23/11 on the front. In layman terms that means I don't really have an easy gear... I'm sure that will beat up my legs a little bit on the second loop.
Sunday- Get in the cold water for a full 2.4 mile swim. Take a little break and eat. A 2 hour ride to loosen up the legs, and then a 2 hour run to get my long one in for the weekend. I'm not totally sure my legs have recovered from the race last weekend. This week has been tough. The legs just felt heavy even though I haven't been going very hard or long... We'll see what the weekend brings!!
OK- I'm off! Pictures and stories to follow!
Happy training!
No comments:
Post a Comment