Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm back!

And less than thrilled about it... A short post tonight just to get back into the flow.

Puerto Rico was awesome. Maddy and I had a great time. The weather was great. We ate amazing food. I'm running out of positive adjectives to describe just how wonderful it was. I even got a couple very nice open water swims in during the week.








On the downside, I didn't do any of the bike or run...  I also ate my weight in cookies while I was down there. I'll chalk it up to being on vacation. And now that I'm back, I'm fully charged and ready to go.

I put down 2:45 on the trainer today followed by a :30 run. It beat up my legs pretty hard. I hate the trainer with every ounce of my being. Going from 70-80 degrees sunny and breezy in Puerto Rico to 38 degrees in Philadelphia wasn't exactly the welcome back I was hoping for either. I thought I would be able to throw the trainer in the closet for the winter. Not yet....ugh.

High expectations for this week. Since I still have another week of spring break ahead it's time for my CRASH! I'm going to try and ramp up the training volume as much as possible without getting hurt. My goal is to put in about 20-22 hours this week and then keep it up above 18 next week also. I've never done that much training so we'll see how I handle it.

Time for bed.
Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time! Is that the body of water that they held the swim for the 70.3?

    Good luck with the CRASH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks awesome, especially when I look outside and see feet of snow still.

    Oh good luck with the CRASH - see you at IMLP

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was actually on the other side of the lagoon where the 70.3 swim was. There were a ton of windsurfers and small boats in that lagoon, but this one was protected by the bridge, so I swam there instead. A nice route though... 1/4 mile each way beats a 25yd pool!

    ReplyDelete