Monday, February 7, 2011

25 years down and the best one is yet to come!

It's been a while since my last post so I'll do a quick rundown of what has been going on. Today is my 26th birthday. I spent awesome weekend celebrating and relaxing. Friday night after a quick 4 x1200  workout with David (which went really well! **see below), Maddy organized a surprise dinner at a great authentic Spanish tapas restaurant in Northern Liberties (http://www.barferdinand.com/). The food was great and the company made it even better. Saturday I slept in, had breakfast at a local diner, went for a nice 3000yd swim and then headed into NJ for my bday dinner with my family. We went to my favorite local restaurant/bar and the wing supplier of the famous WingBowl that took place this past Friday, PJ Whelihan's Pub. I downed 19 delicious buffalo wings (ordered 20 and 1 sadly tumbled to the floor). The shocking part is that in the aforementioned WingBowl, the winner, "Super Squibb", ate 255 buffalo wings in 30 minutes! I don't know if I could do that in 5 days... Really impressive stuff. After dinner we went out for a while which lead to me taking a rest day on Sunday.

This week it's back to work. I'm shooting for about 12 hours this week with some good speed work. I also need to up my swimming a bit as last week ended with under 10,000yds. I'm trying to find a way to video tape myself underwater...any suggestions?? (my camera takes video, but isn't waterproof).

OK - that's all for now. I'll check back with something nice and meaningful later this week.

**Times for the 1200's: 4:31, 4:25, 4:17, 4:10. It feels good to go fast! I want to get a road race in some time in the next couple months before my legs really start to feel fatigued. I'll be looking out for 5/10k's or maybe even a 10 miler...

Also, if you want to see the workouts I have planned  - check out the "CALENDAR" link on the top right of the page.

2 comments:

  1. haha sadly tumbled to the floor

    HAPPY BDAY!!!

    24weeks to go ... and it begins:)

    D

    ReplyDelete