Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Spinning things out

After some serious muscle soreness from the race Sunday, I took Monday and Tuesday totally off. Today I got in the saddle for an EASY 1hr bike and my legs feel SO much better. Truthfully I should have gotten on the bike for a spin yesterday, but I slept in. Whoops! Regardless, I'm glad the legs feel better. The biggest thing I need to figure out right now is how to lead up to the 70.3 I have in just 2 weeks. Here's what I'm thinking...

Tomorrow - 1:00/:30 BRick in the morning and :30 swim in the evening.
Friday - 1:30 bike in the am, 1:00 run pm
Saturday - 3:00 bike
Sunday - 1:30 run, :30 swim
Monday - rest and start to taper...

This is an odd taper for me because I like to use a 10-14 day taper for a 70.3, but with my lack of fitness right now, I'm going to try to build as much as I can up to the race. It's a little risky, and I'm not sure I'll even feel the fitness gained from a longish weekend of training. That's the plan though! I'm really just hoping I can gut through the race, get some fitness from it, and come out better on the other side. I have to keep my eye on the big prize, which is IMLP 2014.

Do great work!
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. rrrrrrrrrrracing!
    nice way to end this year and train over final few months leading to next year
    GL!

    ReplyDelete