As I’ve said before triathlon, (specific) training, blogging, and the ironman are being pushed to the back burner for a while. I even think I’m going to pass on running the Boston Marathon this year. I would just rather spend my time doing other things, and I know I can qualify again. In the meantime I’m starting in a graduate program in the fall at Villanova, I’m coaching XC for the first time on the days when I don’t have class, and I’m still working. Not to mention, I have a wedding to plan! I’ll still check in from time to time, and when I do decide to take the ironman stage again I’m sure I’ll use the blog much as I did with my lead up to this one.
Although I’ll be mostly running this fall because of cross country, I want to spend a lot of time and energy focusing on my swim. After all, it really is what cost me my Kona slot. I was able to get damn close to my 5:30 IM bike goal, and I beat my 3:30 IM run goal, but the swim just wasn’t there. I want to be more competitive at the shorter distances and I’ll need to improve my swim to do that. I’ll probably pick out one Olympic distance race to do next year and see what I can do with it. But we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.
I’ll leave with this – when I do make my return to the ironman, it’s Kona or bust, baby!


good news all the way around - Grad program and XC coaching
ReplyDeletecant imagine what you'll be able to do with even improved run fitness from where you are at today!
all the best
D