Over 2 weeks have passed now since I became an ironman and an engaged man. It's funny how time doesn't seem to notice. Time keeps on ticking even when I want it to slow down so I can relish these monumental moments in my life. But there's not much I can do to stop it, so I'll just take it as it comes. A couple updates... Maddy and I are getting married! Where? The Woodloch Inn in the Poconos. When? October 20, 2012. Why? I love her. I'm super excited. We went and looked at a couple places up in the Poconos this past weekend, and we liked both, but we booked Woodloch. It's going to be awesome.
In some triathlon/training related news I've started to move again... And not just my arm lifting food and/or beers to my mouth. I've been in the pool 4 times and even though I need to work on my swim, I am lacking the drive to do it. What's the hurry?? I'm sure I'll find it eventually, but for right now I am just relaxing. I'm doing slow, short sets with a lot of focus on form. I am torn because part of me thinks I need to just not swim for a while so I lose any form I have and can start from scratch. But part of me also doesn't want to lose my fitness. I should either join a masters team or hire a coach, but frankly I don't have the time or money right now. No worries though. I've been on the bike a couple times. It feels great. No "workouts". Just riding to go ride. I took off my little cycling computer and I haven't touched my HR monitor. It's a fantastic feeling. As for running, I went on run with Maddy last weekend, which was also fantastic. It was nice and easy, and we got to spend time together doing something good for both of us. Mad is taking on the Philly Marathon this fall and I'm going to do anything I can to support her. My only other run since IMLP was last night, and it was a doosey! I headed down to DE to run with the cross country team I'm assistant coaching this fall. They are good. It poured rain for about 30 minutes right before the run started. We went in a big state park on dirt/mud trails, and I picked the wrong group to run with. I headed out with some of the seniors, who also happen to be the top runners in the state. I had no idea what was in store for me. We went out for 1:15 through mud, puddles, streams, grassy fields, anything except pavement, and at a blistering pace. We were probably somewhere in the 6:30-6:50 range for the entire thing. I was not prepared for it. Luckily, the ironman fitness hasn't left me yet so I survived. One thing is for sure, I'm going to get fast running with these guys this fall.
That's all for now. I think it's time for a happy hour!
No comments:
Post a Comment