Thursday, December 26, 2013

Santa was good to me!


Race wheels! (the other one is still in the box)


Ok it wasn't Santa, it was me... But some awesome family members helped fund these :) Thank you!! I actually got them for a screaming deal on active gear up. Less than $800 for the wheelset. 80mm carbon clinchers with aluminum braking surface. A little heavier than full carbon wheels, but I don't need new special brake pads, and I don't have to worry about heating them up on that Keene descent.


And I didn't forget where the rubber meets the road. Michelin Pro4 competition tires. Oooooh baby! And the red detailing is going to make people quiver in fear as I blow past them. They are going to look SOOO sweet on the Slice. Oh, and I'll probably go pretty fast on them too.

It's a shame I haven't been better to myself this break! I started off with a good week last week. Got a nice run in Friday and a ride outside in unseasonably warm weather Saturday, but I hit the holiday binge hard after that... Lots of beers, bourbon, and BIG meals. I'm talking about the heavy appetizer, lick-my-plate 2000 calorie entree, and then dessert, because why not? Right? Some people put a weighted vest on to train, but who wants a vest? I'll just pack on some extra pounds...

In all seriousness, I should be back in a routine by this weekend. No real harm will be done, and, frankly, I'm having fun with family and friends, so it's worth it. I also found a delicious and funky beer during my binge. It was called something like "Sweet baby Jesus Peanut Butter Porter". The name really tells you everything you need to know. Now go out and find one.

As I reel things back in I'll have some good reading to help me along. Some nutrition and cooking books as well as a book on tips how to get faster. I'll let you know what I think of these in a later post, but the cookbooks (at first glance) are pretty sweet.


OK - that's all for now. Happy holidays! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. nice!
    I noticed signifigant difference with carbon clincher FLO's also alum brakes.....Def the way to go

    ReplyDelete