Monday, December 16, 2013

Finally feeling it

For the past few months (and I think I could probably go as far back as last year) I haven't really felt the mojo for training and thus racing. Maybe it was burnout, maybe it was just all the other things that I've had going on, but I really struggled to get motivated. I hoped that I would just snap out of it, but it didn't happen... Until now! I'm excited to start ramping things up and get into shape again. I don't know what changed, but I'm finally ready mentally to start getting after it. It feels good. I'll put the pen to paper today to build my plan through July 2014. I hope the energy and motivation stay. I'm sure it will waver at times, but I think I'm finally ready to commit to something again. We shall see how my body holds up. I feel pretty strong actually, but I don't think I have the aerobic endurance that I should. The biggest change will be getting back into the habit of going long on the weekends. Ideally I'll be riding 2+ hours on Saturdays and running 1.5+ on Sundays... I'm also going to try to swim 5x a week. MWF mornings I'll get in for about 3k, and TR I'll do something shorter during my lunch break. Then my running and biking will be done after school. Ideally 2 runs and 2 trainer rides M-F. I'll only get outside on the bike (mountain bike) on the weekends because of daylight. Then I'll run long on Sundays... Week one begins today! Had a good morning swim, and I'm planning a nice easy run this afternoon.

Onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. feelin it!
    Nice nice nice on the swimming

    Ive got a touch of feeling it coming back too
    running is coming along
    on a swim bender this month 33k yds mtd - want to crack 60k

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monster pool numbers! Good for you dude! Hiccuped through the start of Xmas week, but it's still there.

    ReplyDelete