Work needs to be done on the bike. I did a 7.6mile TT this morning, and it did not go very well. I guess I kind of knew my bike was not very strong right now, but it still hurt to see the results of me pushing. 7.6miles in 20:30, which is about a 22.3mph average. It was flat, very little wind, and perfect temperature. YIKES! I did ride 2x yesterday, a short morning ride and a longer evening ride, but I don't think it was fatigue from lack of recovery that was holding me back today. The fact is, I need to work on speed/power on the bike. This was a wake-up call. I will not be the rider that I want to be if this keeps up. Starting May 7 (the day after the Broad St. Run) my focus switches to the bike. I'm still thinking about how I want to attack it (ie: how I will restructure my week to directly focus on the bike), but I'll write about that some time in the near future, I'm sure. I've got to do some reading on cycling...
Running continues to move along. I had a good interval run on Tuesday morning - 12x400 all between 1:17-1:13 on 45 sec rest. It was tough, but it was good. Long run tomorrow, shorter interval set Tuesday, moderate Friday, and then Saturday 4/28 is the Tough Mudder. Not exactly the ideal plan for a taper before an important race, Broad St., but it should be fun. I'm doing it with a group of buddies from high school and we have a house in the Poconos for the weekend. It's not going to be a race to compete, but just to have fun and get it done.
Swimming...yeah...ummm...not a whole lot happening there.
There's a lot of stress coming in the next 2 weeks also with the end of the semester. I was pretty sleep deprived this week, and the real pressure hasn't even begun yet. I hope I can stay organized, stay focused, and DO GREAT WORK!
Thanks for checking in.
No comments:
Post a Comment