Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Back on the track

A good track workout today fueled by 50 degrees of sunshine and seeing some of the XC distance runners working out on campus for winter nationals. They have continued to be extremely successful all winter long - 2 of our girls flew out to Seattle this past weekend to run in the Brooks High School Invitational. Our Georgetown-bound senior placed 2nd in the 2 mile with the second fastest time in the country this year 10:14.

I've been consistently getting in my 1 interval workout, 1 tempo run, and 1 long run in for 3 weeks now, and I can already feel a difference.

Today I did a 20min warm up then hit the track for 8x400 (1min rest) and then 2x800 (1:15rest). Times were as follows:
1:16
1:15
1:14
1:15
1:16
1:12 (this is when the XC team came out on the track. it was hard not to push with them watching)
1:13
1:12
2:42
2:39

Then I hung around with the team a little bit as they started a workout. One of the girls was lagging a little bit on their first set (a hard 2mile), so I hopped in and did the second mile with her (~5:57). I was temped to try and do a little more of the workout, but it would have killed me. The workout they had planned was 20min WU, 2mile, 4x400, 2x800, 1mile, 4x200, 10 CD with drills. INSANE!

This week is extremely busy with work and grad school, so I skipped my swim last night, and if I don't get my paper done tonight, I might skip it again tomorrow... At least the running is coming along! If I can just maintain a formidable level of fitness on the swim and bike, I'll be content through the end of the semester. Although I don't know how much will change bc I'm taking classes this summer as well...ugh.

Speaking of class - I better get going. Headed there shortly. Happy training, and thanks for checking in.

DO GREAT WORK!

1 comment:

  1. whats up speedy!
    the running is def coming along NICELY!

    ReplyDelete