Sunday, November 13, 2011

XC State Championship and races to come

Yesterday was the Delaware XC state championship down in Killens Pond, DE. Tatnall came in favored to win and did not disappoint. The quick summary is that both boys and girls teams won the division II state title, by substantial margins. The individual winners of both races were also Tatnall runners, and they both broke state records at the course.


It was an amazing day. And, something I didn't realize until I got home after the post-meet party last night, it was the first state championship team I have been a part of. Pretty cool stuff. The kids won't put race anymore this year in the black singlet, but they will race again. In 2 weeks we head down to Cary, NC to race in the Southeast Regional Championship race as "Wilmington XC". The top 2 teams get to fly out to Portland Oregon the first weekend in December to race the Nike Cross Nations (NXN) right on Nike's campus. More on that later.

Some upcoming races for me - I signed up for a turkey trot 5k on Thanksgiving morning, which I'll use as my speed workout going into Saturday's SE Regional Open 5k. It's supposed to be a flat, fast course, and I'm hoping to better my recent 5k PR. All movement in the right direction!

The week after I'm going to see a specialist that should be able to take care of my sports hernia, which is actually an "athletic pubalgia". In an ideal world I will have surgery the week before Christmas, use the break to heal, and hit the pool hard for the winter months.

Thanks for reading!

**Oh, also should throw out there that I signed up for a Tough Mudder with a couple of my buddies for the spring. It's 11 miles of mud, muck, obstacles, and apparently some electric shock! It will definitely be something...

1 comment:

  1. being a part of the XC team def feels like a perfect fit for you

    searching for hyperspeed 4's to try out for next summer ...asics have worked well for me so interested to try them out

    ReplyDelete