Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Don't do it, Asics...

Dear Asics,

Please don't get stop production of the Hyperspeed 4! It's the best running shoe I've come across yet. And for the love of god, don't replace it with the Hyperspeed 5... It's just ugly. All things being equal, it's probably still a pretty good shoe, but those colors are horrendous. I might have to order a couple pairs of the 4's before they do stop production. The bottom line is that I've been running all fall with the Adidas Adizero Rocket, and mixing in my old Zoot TT 3.0 (I have the previous model in yellow), and I just purchased the K-Swiss K-ruuz a couple weeks back because I found a deal for $45, and none of those shoes, nor any that I have run in before, compare to the Hyperspeed 4. My ONLY complaint about the hyperspeed is that the sole wears quickly. I would love to get 500+ miles out of a shoe, and by 250 miles the forefoot portion of the sole is worn through. Granted I run predominantly on pavement, which definitely takes it's toll, but 200 some miles just isn't enough. All the other shoes I have ride very hard. I mean to say that there is very little cushion, which I would expect since I run predominantly in racing flat type shoes. However, the Hyperspeed 4 is like the perfect hybrid between a flat and a trainer. AND the simple white and red of the HS4 looks great!! It's simple and stylish. Asics - don't do it!

Anywho, this fall is flying by. I'm off to talk with a surgeon in just couple minutes actually about how/when this sports hernia surgery is going to happen. I'll check back with more on that later.

Maddy banged out a long run of 20+ this past weekend! I'm very proud of her and excited to watch the marathon in 2 weeks. It's going to be a great day!


Chrissie Wellington is supposed to put out a book some time in 2012 and I can't wait to read it... Chrissie Wellington's book.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment