Monday, October 10, 2011

16.4 mile run today

Only it wasn't me that did it! Maddy is ROCKING her training for the Philly marathon. I ran about 10 miles with her and I was cooked. By mile 7 her heel had a blister that burst and started bleeding through her socks. It didn't stop her. My legs were very fatigued by mile 9... Mad on the other hand looked just as strong finishing as she did on the first part of the run. I couldn't be more proud of her. And she still manages to look beautiful after 16+ miles - pretty impressive...


The weather has made things easier. It was beautiful today and yesterday with weather feeling more like early September than October. We also have to think good ol' Cristobal Colon, aka Christopher Columbus, for giving us the day off. It was wonderful not having to work today.

On the wedding front, we spoke to a wedding photographer today. None other than my training buddy David. An awesome triathlete with a 4:19 HIM personal best. As it turns out he's pretty good with a camera as well. Looks like almost everything that we need to do is done (or at least getting done).

I managed to get to the doctor today also. I'm scheduling an MRI some time soon to get this whole sports hernia thing all figured out. The orthopedist I saw today thinks that is likely what it is.

If you think it's odd that I haven't touched on the Ironman World Championships in Kona this weekend, that's understandable. Yes, I watched. Yes, I have lots to say. And yes, it's coming in a future post. I wanted to give Maddy the spotlight tonight because I am so proud of her. I can't wait to cheer her on during the marathon. She's right on track to have an amazing first 26.2.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Maddy - good luck the rest of the way to Philly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Mad and Pete for being the sportiest and most accomplished! I am so excited for your marathon, Maddy! Very sweet post, Pete.
    xoxoxo
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete