![]() |
| The crack is just to the right of the stem. Not sure you can see it well, but it's there. And if I pushed down on the right handle it would snap off... This is why carbon fiber sucks. |
The next decision I have to make by the end of the day today is to replace the aerobars with something very similar or to go to a road bar set up with some aero extensions... I had been thinking about switching to a road set up for a while. BUT, (one of) the golden rule(s) of ironman is don't try anything new on (or around) race day. So I'm not really sure what I'm going to do just yet. I'm guessing they will cost about the same. The road bike set up will be a little heavier and less aero, and it might have a different feel to it. But I was getting tired of the TT set up anyway. The aerobars aren't comfortable for everyday riding, I'm worried about going back to carbon bc it is such a weak material, and if I do buy replacement aerobars now I'm not going to switch over to a road set up until this next set breaks because I just can't throw that much (more) money into my bike.
Decisions, decisions. Hopefully I'll have this mess figured out by the end of the day.

OMG. What did you figure out? So sorry.
ReplyDelete9 days!